cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Phone (8851) with PLAR and Extension Mobility... Possible?

Joe M
Level 1
Level 1

Would like to configure a SIP Phone with a PLAR on Button 1 and the Extension Mobility service on Button 2.  SIP Dial Rule for Button 1 to handle the PLAR works as expected when logged out.  However, once a Device Profile logs in, the SIP Dial Rule still takes over Button 1 and the user's extension doesn't get Dial Tone and can't make calls.

I'm not too familiar with SIP Dial Rules...   Can someone help me understand what's happening when I take the Device Profile's line off-hook and just hear dead air until the inter-digit timeout kicks in? Is there something I'm missing with regards to the Dial Parameters which would allow a non-PLAR extension on Button 1 to get dial tone and bypass the SIP Dial Rule configured on the device?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

1 Reply 1

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

Not possible see the below enhancement which was opened and then closed.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul74064/?reffering_site=dumpcr

No SIP dial rules field on Extension Mobility Device Profile
CSCul74064
Description
Symptom:
Sip Dial rules can be applied to physical devices only. You cannot achieve the same using Extension Mobility Device Profile - as it does not have SIP Dial Rules field - it will take Sip dial rules from physical phone.

It affects for example PLAR function - as for SIP devices it is using SIP Dial Rules

Conditions:

Workaround:
no workaround

Further Problem Description:
(Rate if it helps)
JB