Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Phone can't register to CME

happyatuni
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

My clients 7945G SIP Phones managed to get the DN from the CME Router, however, it is stuck on "registering" stage and when i do the debug tftp packets & debug tftp events, it always say it can't find the .tlv file.

I have attached my configs and debug in the attached file.

Cheers,

Hunt

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do do note use SIP with CME.

Convert to SCCP and it will work fine.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Has this phone previously register to a CUCM cluster before? It looks like the phone has downloaded both ITL files and CTL files. You will need to erase those files or do a factory reset

Please rate all useful posts

I did a factory reset by holding down the # button followed by 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 * 0 #, the phone reboots but gets the SIP Phone image again.

THe phone may have registered to CUCM before.  How can i erase both ITL and CTL and let it starts from beginning?

In cme config, specity an SCCP load.

Then do the atotal lternate sequence 3491672850*#

THanks Paolo.  I will give that a try tomorrow.

Just a side question, so SIP Phones can't register with CME?

Hunt Lee,

SIP phones can register with CCME they just dont work as good as SCCP phones. If you set up your system correctly your SIP phone should register

Hi Aokaniawon,

So what could i be missing that stop the SIP phones from working? My clients really want to use SIP.  Do you have any ideas?

Would greatly appreciated any help you can provided.

Cheers,

Hunt

Since you did a factory reset, what do you get when the phone attempts to register..

can you plug the phone in and send a

'debug tftp events' and

sh telephony-service tftp-bindings

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: