Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Phone SPA504G

HISMAIL48
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have Cisco Unified CM version: 7.1.5.10000-12. And I want to register  cisco IPphone (SPA504G) on the CM, could anybody guide me how to do that step by step on both places (CM and the IPpnone itself).

Regards

6 Replies 6

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SPA phones are not yet supported natively with CUCM like all other Cisco IP Phones, they needs to be added to CUCM as 3rd Party SIP Phones only.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Hi Gajanan

Thanks for your support,

I know that this phone does not work as a SCCP, and I already tried to register it as a SIP phone (3rd party) but it is not not working.

Thanks

What exactly happens when you say it as Not working ?

GP.

Sorry Gajanan,

I think that I haven't provided enough information about my case. I did the following steps,

- I tagged the phone to our voice vlan and it took the IP correcrtly,

- I added it to the CUCM as a third party by its MAC address,

- I added an extension to it,

- I added the device to the controlled devices of end-user (which is the owner of the last mentioned extension).

If all steps above are correct, what I have to do in the device itself, and if I missed some part, please tell me.

Thanks

Hussein,

Thanks for more details. Please ensure that you followed all the steps provided in following document. There is a section which details " Configuration Checklist for Third-Party Phones That Are Running SIP "

Also have a look at https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2036395

Lemme know how it goes.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Hi GP

I followed all steps. I think that I don't miss any part in the cucm, but the the problem from the ipphone (SPA504G) itself so, if you have any information about what are the configuration I should do in the phone, please guide me, and one more thing, if there is any way to see the logs in the call manager and the phone - to know what is going on -, please guide me.

Thanks

Regards