cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip phones outbound dtmf problem on ccme

pedroferreras
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i'm running Callmanger express ios version c2900-universalk9-mz-SPA.152-2.T1.bin;  i have one 7962 (sccp) phone and 5 3905 (sip) phones; the router is connected to pstn trough 4 FXO ports. The problem is that i can  not pass outbound DTMF to the pstn when calling from 3905 phones, everything is working fine when calling from 7962. The frimware verison of 3905 phones is CP3905.9-2-1-0.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you configured the dtmf relay on the phone..

voice register pool x

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Yes, but remember i'm not using ip trunks (voip dial-peer) i'm using pots over FXO ports.

Hi pedro , i have a lot of troubles with this cheap phones, and I have FXO too,  I have the same dtmf , check my config its working now..

voice register pool  13

id mac 5C50.1545.99AD

session-transport tcp

type 3905

number 1 dn 5

dialplan 1

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

username 8565 password 8565

codec g711ulaw

no vad

after-hour exempt

I have this dial Plan as well..

voice register dialplan 1

type 7940-7960-others

pattern 1 9........

pattern 2 9044..........

pattern 3 9045..........

pattern 4 901..........

pattern 5 8...

pattern 6 1..

and every time you make a change you have to run this commando,

create profile > on voice global register and reload the phone.

I have other issues with this phones.. one is one way audio and the work arround is to press the speaker button twice and the audio comes magically!!, this is crazy!!

Hi, the problem was a firmware issue, Cisco TAC send me the 9.2.(2) ES1 version and now dtmf works well.