cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Proxy won't start - CUPS

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

After uploading a Cert for outlook integration, the documentation said to restart the SIP Proxy and Presence Engine Service.... Since then - my SIP proxy won't start....

Any ideas.....?

admin:utils service start Cisco UP SIP Proxy

Service Manager is running

Cisco UP SIP Proxy[STARTING]

1 Reply 1

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

I have removed the Certificate I installed for the Outlook/Exchange integration as I have noticed that although I had chosen PresencEngine Trust as the Certificate Name it installed it as a sipproxy trust...

After removing this certificate I am able to start the SIP Proxy Service.

Then I went back and reinstalled this certificate. The Exchange Server status is good and the certificate is valid.

So, just to make sure everything is OK I went back and restarted the SIP Proxy - and it started....

Although the features of Presence are nice, this seems to me to be a very delicate system, with no room for error. I am not sure how anyone can make money from installing one of these. I am sure as I get more experience it will get easier but there are just too many little gotcha's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: