Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk between CME and CM 6.1

jjcollaguazo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on how to create inter-cluster trunks? I'm assuming this would be the best was to make VOIP calls between my CME site and all other sites registered to CM?

I know i can convert the CME site to an H323 gateway and get the phones to register to CM, which is what I've done to other remote sites. But i have to specifically keep this site on CME.

i know i can create multiple voip dail-peers with the particular extension range for remote sites and point them to CM, but i'm thinking a SIP trunk between CME and CM would be better.

Any doco with config examples for CME and CM setup would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no docs no this, whether it's SIP or H323 it's just a matter of creating the necessary dial-peers in CME side and configuring either a SIP trunk or H323 GW in CUCM. Other than the protocol the config is pretty much the same on CME.

"I know i can convert the CME site to an H323 gateway and get the phones  to register to CM, which is what I've done to other remote sites. But i  have to specifically keep this site on CME."

That's absolutely not necessary, you can have CME and call CUCM using H323 or SIP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your quick reply Java.

I've created a SIP trunk on CM pointing to the CME (10.1.144.1) and I've applied a CSS which contains all the remote site partitions which are registered to CM.

I've also added what i believe is the correct config on the CME to allow SIP trunk calls, but I might be missing something.

Attached are screen shoots of my SIP trunk and CME.config added, not sure if i'm missing something small.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide.

PS, The customer has specifically requested that the site remain as CME as the end users are quite particular. I've already convereted several CME sites to h323 gateways.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: