Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SIP Trunk between Two different Cluster.

Hi,

I want to create SIP trunk between two EPBX in diffferent Geographic area to make inbound and outbound call over private network.

Our Topology:

In location-1, we have one publisher and two subscriber and all are part of same cluster.

In location-2 also have similar setup.

In location-1 have one Gateway Router (Cisco 2911) running MGCP between CUCM.

PSTN link got terminated  in Gateway Router of both the location-1

All incomming and outgoing calls are routed through PSTN link  of Location-1

Besides above setup, we have MPLS link between two locations.

Till date, we are using PSTN link to make outbound calls to reach location-2, but now we want to use our private network to make communication.

We have5 route patterns for IP to IP, Local,STD,ISD,Toll-Free configured in Location-1 Cluster.

We have single RG,RL,CSS for all communication, and there is no policy/rules defined on the CUCM. Now we have created one more RG/RL/CSS for communication between two locations and want to restrict calls between two  in PSTN link. Need to create SIP trunk between two EPBx of two locations.

In location-1, we have UCS-C220M3s server 9.x, Cisco 2911 Gateway Router.

Kindly help.

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

OK, so what is your specific question here?  There is not much to creating SIP trunk, simply build it on each side and point to IP addresses of the remote servers and point your RP/RL/RG to it.  If you need to build specific access privileges then you do it via CSS/Partition.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris for addressing my queries. But still I have some doubt. As i am not from Voice backgroud. This is the first implementation assigned to me. I have done all required setup.

As i Said that, customer has private mpls link between two sites. I want to route calls between two sites by using private path. My question is how CUCM of location-1 get to know about the MPLS path to reach location-2. As per my understaing CUCM of both locations have to be integrated.

Thanks Chris for addressing my queries. But still I have some doubt. As i am not from Voice backgroud. This is the first implementation assigned to me. I have done all required setup.

As i Said that, customer has private mpls link between two sites. I want to route calls between two sites by using private path. My question is how CUCM of location-1 get to know about the MPLS path to reach location-2. As per my understaing CUCM of both locations have to be integrated. How it can be done. Actually customer doesn't want to make ISD calls to make communication between two locations.

As of now, i have configured one more CSS/RG/RL for communication between sites via IP-to-IP. What next should be done to meet customer requirememnt.

Thank you again for your reply. Please help me to understand the soultions.

Location A - CCM A 1.1.1.1

extensions : 1XXX  

Sip Trunk  A ------> points to 2.2.2.2

Location 2 - CCM B 2.2.2.2

extensions 2XXX

Sip Trunk  B ------> points to 1.1.1.1

Now create route patterns:

in CCM A-  RP 2XXX -----> Route list -------> Route Group -------> SipTrunk A

in CCM B -  RP 1XXX -----> Route list ----------> Route Group ------->SipTrunk B

================================

1) Routing should be fine between the Call Managers

2) When user in location a dial extension 2XXX, CCM A will point the call towards SipTrunk A which points to 2.2.2.2 (CCM B)

same happens in other location also

VIP Super Bronze

CUCM does not worry about MPLS location..All you need to do is create a sip trunk between the CUCM clusters.

You then need to configure a route pattern and assign it to the sip trunk you have created. You may want to assign the sip trunk to a route group and then assign your route pattern to the Route list which contains the RG of the sip trunk

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

As Deji nicely points out, CUCM has no bearing on your IP traffic routing, all it does it tells the endpoint to which IP address send the traffic to (based on the SIP trunk definition), then it is up to your IP routing protocol to decide how to route the traffic to that destination.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you Chris, Nirmal and Deji for explaiing the solution.

Thanks

Arindam

You're welcome Arindam, please make sure you rate all useful responses to help others in the future.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies