Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Sip trunk Can't make calls

Hi.

I have this rpoblem, I cant't make any call.

I 've been looking for the forums but I don't know if I 've configured fine my UC520.

These are some debugs when I make a external call.

here I leave the config of the UC520.

Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(2)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Everyone's tags (3)
4 REPLIES

In your log you can see your outgoing INVITE without authentication.

Your provider sends you a 407 Proxy Authentication Required message but your UC doesn't answer any more.

Try to add the "authentication" option under sip-ua config.

This is an example:

sip-ua

credentials username 123 password 123 realm sarevoz.com

authentication username 123 password 123

keepalive target dns:sarevoz.com

no remote-party-id

retry invite 2

retry register 10

timers connect 100

timers keepalive active 100

registrar dns:sarevoz.com expires 3600

sip-server dns:sarevoz.com

host-registrar

Regards.

I have a question,

Why is needed to add both commands (credentials and authentication)? This isn't not same thing?

What's the purporse for both commands?

Re: Sip trunk Can't make calls

authentication (SIP UA)

To enable SIP digest authentication, use the authentication command in SIP UA configuration mode. To disable SIP digest authentication, use the no form of this command.

Usage Guidelines

The following configuration rules are applicable when enabling digest access authentication:

• Only one username can be configured globally in SIP UA configuration  mode. Any existing username configuration must be removed before  configuring a different username.
  • A maximum of five password or realm arguments are allowed for a given usernameargument.

The username and password  arguments are used to authenticate a user. An authenticating  server/proxy issuing a 407/401 challenge response includes a realm in  the challenge response and the user provides credentials that are valid  for that realm. Because it is assumed that a maximum of five proxy  servers in the signaling path can try to authenticate a given request  from a user-agent client (UAC) to a user-agent server (UAS), a user can  configure up to five password and realm combinations for a configured  username.

• The realm specification is optional. If omitted, the password configured  for that username applies to all realms that attempt to authenticate.
  • Only one password can be configured at a time for all configured realms.  If a new password is configured, it overwrites any previously  configured password.

This means that only one global password (one without a specified realm)  can be configured. If you configure a new password without configuring a  corresponding realm, the new password overwrites the previous one.

• If a realm is configured for a previously configured username and  password, that realm specification is added to that existing username  and password configuration. However, once a realm is added to a username  and password configuration, that username and password combination is  valid only for that realm. A configured realm cannot be removed from a  username and password configuration without first removing the entire  configuration for that username and password--you can then reconfigure  that username and password combination with or without a different  realm.
  • In an entry with both a password and realm, you can change either the password or realm.

credentials (SIP UA)

To configure a Cisco IOS Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) time-division  multiplexing (TDM) gateway, a Cisco Unified Border Element (Cisco UBE),  or Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (Cisco Unified CME) to  send a SIP registration message when in the UP state, use the credentials command in SIP UA configuration mode. To disable SIP digest credentials, use the no form of this command.

Regards.

thank you so much Daniele,

The problem was the authentication.

I was sending the message with my DDI number but I had to translate it to my username.

I really preciate your help.

Now I can make outbound calls with no problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content