Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SIP Trunk Outbound Dialled Number

Hi Support Community

Im hoping this will be a simple answer however i have tried many settings and have not been able to fix :

Using CUCM 8.6.2 we have a SIP trunk to a Cisco 2900 series voice gateway, this is then forwards traffic onto a SIP Provider gateway. All calls are working correct i just have a problem with the dialled number being displayed on the Cisco IP phone. For outbound calls we restirct the calling CLI at the gateway level so no internal extension displays there number to the called number but we dont complete any digit manipulation on the dialled number except strip pre dot from the route pattern as we use 9 for an access code.

On the Cisco IP phone display when you dial a number you obviously see the dialed number as its entered, as soon as ringback is heard the display then changes to private and stays this way until the call is connected at which point you then see the dialled number again. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why the 'Private' is isplayed and how i can chnage it so that it always displays the dialled number both during ringback and connected states.

Thanks in advance

Carl Ratcliffe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: SIP Trunk Outbound Dialled Number

Yes you need to use a wild card

<>;party=called;screen=yes;privacy=full>"   "<>;party=called;screen=no;privacy=off>

Ensure you aplly the sip profile on the inbound dial-peer from cucm to cube

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
18 REPLIES

Please set the callmanager service parameter '' to True and check the behaviour.

Please rate all the useful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Hi sureshsub2

Thanks for your response, i believe this is a system wide setting though and we do have scenarios were we manipulate the dialled number so i dont think i can make that change.

1 simple example would be if we dial 9.XXXXXXXXXX we dont want the 9 to display when the call is made. This isnt happening for any of our H323 or MGCP gateways only for this SIP trunk which makes me believe it is something relating to SIP only.

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

Could you please post the gateway configuration?

Hi sureshsub2

Please see attached.

Thanks, Carl

Hello Carl,

could you please try configuring 'update-callerid' under voice service voip>sip and let me know if that makes any difference?

// Suresh

Please rate all the useful posts

Hi Suresh

No that didnt seem to make a difference. It is actually called number though not calling / caller id that has the issue. Strange thing is as soon as the call connects you see the correct called number on the Cisco IP phone display its just during ringback it displays Private.

I am using Cisco 8961 SIP phones if that makes any difference.

Thanks, Carl

Hi Carl.
That happens on that phone only or on all?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo

I have just tested this with an IP Communicator and Cisco 7962 and get the same results.

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

VIP Super Bronze

Carl,

Can you send us a debug ccsip messages..I have used sip profiles to  modify this behaviour in the past...

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Hi aokanlawon

Please see attached. This is 1 call placed from a Cisco 8961 IP phone to the SIP gateway via a Route Pattern > Route List > Route Group > SIP Trunk

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

VIP Super Bronze

You have removed all the numbers, hence there is no way I can see where the digit manipulation is happening. I need to know when its happening and we can configure a sip profile to alter the behaviour

Hi, re-attached with numbers ( IP addresses still hidden )

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

VIP Super Bronze

Carl,

So I managed to look through the logs and I found out what the issue was..

When you get your 183 session progress, the remote party id has privacy set to full, hence the reason you get CLI witheld during ringback

183 session progress
Remote-Party-ID: <07850170875>;party=called;screen=yes;privacy=full

When call is connected ie 200 OK, remote-party id has privacy set to off..

200 OK
Remote-Party-ID: <07850170875>;party=called;screen=no;privacy=off

To resolve this configure the ff:

voice class sip-profiles 5
  response 183 sip-header Remote-Party-ID modify "<07850170875>;party=called;screen=yes;privacy=full>" "<07850170875>;party=called;screen=no;privacy=off>"

Then apply this profile to the inbound dial-peer to cucm..

dial-peer voice XXXX voip
voice-class sip profiles 5

Thank you very much for your great explaination and for taking the time to have a look. I will test this and come back to you with my results.

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

Hi aokanlawon

Just a query regarding the fix, the config below is for a specific number, if it is happening for all called numbers do i need to use a wildcard ?  :

voice class sip-profiles 5
  response 183 sip-header Remote-Party-ID modify

"<07850170875>;party=called;screen=yes;privacy=full>" "<07850170875>;party=called;screen=no;privacy=off>"

Then apply this profile to the inbound dial-peer to cucm..

dial-peer voice XXXX voip
voice-class sip profiles 5

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

VIP Super Bronze

Yes you need to use a wild card

<>;party=called;screen=yes;privacy=full>"   "<>;party=called;screen=no;privacy=off>

Ensure you aplly the sip profile on the inbound dial-peer from cucm to cube

VIP Super Bronze

Carl,

Did this work for you?

Hi, yes this seem to do the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Carl Ratcliffe

Views
Helpful
Replies