Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk resiliency

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Guys,

I have a scneario where I have 6 cucm servers in the cluster. All running CUCM service.

I have sip trunks configured as ff:

sip_trunk_1----->CUBE_1

sip_trunk_2----->CUBE_2

The challenge is this:

Because of the CUCM group limitation of having only 3 servers in a group, you can only have 3 servers actively processing calls from the CUBE. ie.  So even though you have 6 server capabilities, the maximum server that you can use to receive calls from the cube is 3.

My question is is there away to get aroung this limitation on cucm groups and have your cube sending calls to all 6 servers..

NB: CUCM will reject calls from a sip trunk, if it is not a member of the cucm group on that sip trunk. So you can only configure your c ube dial-peers to point to cucm servers in the sip-trunk cucm group

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of CUCM do yo have?

If 8.5 you can use route on all nodes feature.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of CUCM do yo have?

If 8.5 you can use route on all nodes feature.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Chris,

Excellent...Thanks..

Found the documentation for it..

SIP Trunks Can Run on All Active Unified CM Nodes

When the Run on all Active Unified CM Nodes option is checked on a SIP trunk, Unified CM creates an instance of the SIP trunk daemon on every call processing subscriber within the cluster, thus allowing SIP trunk calls to be made or received on any call processing subscriber

Please rate all useful posts

Yes, there is the same setting on the SIP trunk itself, set it there.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: