Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

sip trunks on 2800 routers

I'm thinking of upgrading from my 2651XM to either a 2811 or a 2821 router. What I'm after is multiple sip trunks, the 2600's can only run one sip trunk at a time (ie one sip account at a time) I'm given to understand the 2800's can run multiple sip trunks, meaning multiple incoming sip phone numbers on one router. Is this true? How many sip trunks can the 2800's run at once?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: sip trunks on 2800 routers

Tony, unfortunately all the models share the same IOS limitation:

You can have as many trunks you want, but you can be authenticated for outgoing calls using one set of username/password only.

Hopefully someday Cisco will realize the shortsightedness of that and will fix it.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Tony, unfortunately all the models share the same IOS limitation:

You can have as many trunks you want, but you can be authenticated for outgoing calls using one set of username/password only.

Hopefully someday Cisco will realize the shortsightedness of that and will fix it.

okay thanks for this info. It's a relief to know now that upgrading would be a waste of money. I have several 2651XM's so I supposed I could run one for each phone number I want.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

That should work too!

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Views
Helpful
Replies