cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunks with BGP

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

We have two data centers (primary and dr). We have two SIP trunks at primary, and one at DR.

Our ITSP is suggesting we use BGP between all three cube routers. I'm not clear how that would work.

Our internal routing is OSPF, but that's unrelated to what they're talking about.  I think they mean BGP between us and the ITSP.  Why would that matter for SIP, they're just point to point links?  SIP Options handle failover.    What networks would we advertise or receive via BGP?

Thanks

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bill.

As you know, BGP and OSPF are dynamic routing protocol and they are partially related to siglaning protocol.

As you correctly stated, signaling protocol such as SIP and H323 no matter how they reach the far end to establish the comminucations.

The main thing is that they are usign a stable and capable link , enough to support the service they are intended to do.

I would suggest to talk to your TSP to clarify better their point of view.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi Bill.

As you know, BGP and OSPF are dynamic routing protocol and they are partially related to siglaning protocol.

As you correctly stated, signaling protocol such as SIP and H323 no matter how they reach the far end to establish the comminucations.

The main thing is that they are usign a stable and capable link , enough to support the service they are intended to do.

I would suggest to talk to your TSP to clarify better their point of view.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: