Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP TRUNKS

gonzalo-castro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Please I need some help to understand how to order the UC560 in the following scenary, and the questions are:

scenary: UC560 Principal Site  A  with 30 Analog phones (Using VG224 or ATAS)  and 20 IP Phones.    NO Analog trunks Just SIP form the pstn

UC560 Remote Site  B  with 12 Analog  Phones  (Using VG224 or ATAS) and 12 IP Phones,   NO Analog Trunks Just SIP from the pstn

These both sites will be conneted each other by a WAN,

Questions:

1) The customer needs to receive a SIP trunk from the PSTN over the UC560 :

a) How manay simultaneous SIP  incoming call will be able to carrie (or receive) the UC560? (a the both sites

b) Any difference regarding the SIP Trunks for incoming calls   if these both sites commnicate each other by SIP ?

c) When I say that the UC560 or any other Gateway or server is receiving a SIP trunk  it means that it is only 1 tronk able just for one call? or I can configure it for many others over the same Interface?.

I appreciate very much your help, I need to finish these design I Iam LOST......

Tks,

Gonzalo Castro

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

If you are implementing a SIP trunk from an ITSP for publicly routable calls to a cell phone, pots phone, etc., then the carrier controls the amount of calls you can have at one time. This is referred to as channels. Every carrier has their pricing model for channels and minutes so look around and find whichever one best meets your demand/budget. If you are going to keep the G711 codec (default) throughout the entire architecture, then you won't be limited hardware wise on how many calls come in from the PSTN. I will point out that to save yourself some money, you can implement an ICT (or even use a SIP turnk) between the two boxes to keep intercompany calls within the company instead of traversing your carrier and incurring per minute charges and using up available channels. Again, one phone call is one channel. Your common home phone has call waiting. That is technically two channels.

View solution in original post

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Already discussed at:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2168774

Please do not open duplicate threads.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

If you are implementing a SIP trunk from an ITSP for publicly routable calls to a cell phone, pots phone, etc., then the carrier controls the amount of calls you can have at one time. This is referred to as channels. Every carrier has their pricing model for channels and minutes so look around and find whichever one best meets your demand/budget. If you are going to keep the G711 codec (default) throughout the entire architecture, then you won't be limited hardware wise on how many calls come in from the PSTN. I will point out that to save yourself some money, you can implement an ICT (or even use a SIP turnk) between the two boxes to keep intercompany calls within the company instead of traversing your carrier and incurring per minute charges and using up available channels. Again, one phone call is one channel. Your common home phone has call waiting. That is technically two channels.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Already discussed at:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2168774

Please do not open duplicate threads.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: