Views
Helpful
Replies

sip-ua question

anthonyfear
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I could use some help setting up CM with my sip-provider.

I've setup sip-ua to connect to and authorise with my sip provider. I have setup my first handset with secondary number (same as username provided by my sip providers) and used the no-reg primary option.

Everything is working fine incoming and outgoing.

My problem is how to add more handsets. As they each need a separate username and password to register with the sip provider.

I tried adding credentials i.e. username 1301 password abcd, username 1302 password abcd etc. under sip-ua and this allows the handsets to register correctly and to receive incoming but now outgoing calls no longer work. If I remove the other registrations so only one handset registers then all handsets can make outgoing calls but only one can receive them.

I believe that using pots dial-peers to do the registrations may help but don't know how to do it.

Any help much appreciated.

Anthony

5 Replies 5

Thanks for the link - it confirms that my config is along the right lines - but the thread is not resolved either.

Hello,

please send IOS version, configuration for when the problem occours, and a trace with "term mon" and "debug ccsip message".

with sip-ua configured as such:

sip-ua

authentication username 1307 password xxxx

no remote-party-id

registrar ipv4:x.x.x.x expires 3600

sip-server ipv4:x.x.x.x

and a dial-peer :

dial-peer voice 100 voip

translation-profile outgoing PSTN_Outgoing

destination-pattern 9T

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x

session transport udp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify

no vad

all extentions are able to call out. However only the one extention (1307) is able to receive direct dial.

So under sip-ua, I tried adding

credentials username 1308 password xxxx realm xxx

however as soon as do that - I can see both extentions register with my itsp but no extentions are able to call out using the above dial-peer but direct dial works to both the numbers.

IOS 124-9.T1

Hello,

can you try adding realm to authentication ?

Failing that, can you upgrade to 12.4(11)XJ3 ?

Failing that, please send output of "debug ccsip mesage" when placing a SIP call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: