cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site 6 digit dialing Issue

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Our previous engineering manager setup each of our 12 facilities with dialing prefixes in order to 6 digit dial across the VLAN and make those calls all local. Our sites all differn between Call Manager and CME various versioning of software.

Dialing from facility to facility works fluidly. The only problem is, if the call is not picked up and rings out on "Ring No Answer". We don't get voicemail. It goes to fast busy.

I'm sorry if I'm not providing enough info. I'm trying to straigten this out without having to go back to engineering.

Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you do a CFwdAll to voicemail, and then call the forwarded phone from another site, does it also go fast busy?

If you dial a forwarded phone from within a 'site' does it go through OK?

It sounds from what you have said that the previous chap may not have configured transcoding on each site. Calls from phone-to-phone work OK as they both support G729. WHen it forwards to CUE or whatever your voicemail system is, that only supports G711 so it fails.

You say 'dial accross the VLAN' - are all these sites on high-bandwidth connections?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, thank you for replying.

If a subscriber is CFwdALL, it goes directly to fast busy when dialed from HQ to said facility. subscribers from within their own facility have no problems as they do not have to dial 6 digit, on 4. I believe the prefixes the prior Eng applied are to define particular facilities since some of the blocks of numbers match others.

All sites outside of our facility are on T1 AVPN service.

Thank you

Hi

So the 6/4 digit thing is probably a red herring. When you run a call between two routers, by default it runs G729. That'll probably be why it's failing when you forward to voicemail.

Each site that has voicemail will probably need transcoders setting up. You could test this theory by modifying your dial peers between two sites to have 'codec g711u' on them.. it'll use more bandwidth but should prove the point. Perhaps post up the configs for a couple of example sites that you can use to test/prove the theory

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: