cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Skip message header in unity connection

jnielsenmn
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to skip the message header and go straight to the messsage body within unity connection? You were able to do this in unity but it does not seem like you can in unity conneciton.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok,

So in 8.x the option works the same, but has a different name:

Here is the link to the 8.x Admin Guide.  This is in about the same place:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag135.html#wp1102776

Replay Message

Jumps to the beginning of the message body, effectively repeating the message. If you assign a key to this option for the message header, it allows users to skip the header and jump right to the message.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

"

The contents of the header and footer sections can be modified on the Playback Message Settings page. For example, the message number, the sender information, the sender extension, and the timestamp can be added or removed from the header. These settings are controlled by the check boxes under the "Before Playing Each Message, Play" section on the Playback Message Settings page. For the message footer, you have the option of not playing the timestamp after the message; you can exclude it altogether or have the timestamp played as part of the header. This option is controlled with the check box under the "After Playing Each Message, Play" section on the Playback Message Settings page. If you choose not to play the timestamp after the message the effect is to have no footer to the message."

From here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag135.html#wp1054923

Hope this helps:

TwD

Hello-

The customer wants the time stamp there but wants the option to skip it on some messages.  So removing it completly isnt an option at this point.

In the document that I linked to above, just below the excerpt. You will find a section : 

Table 15-2     Message Playback Menu Tabs

Replay Message(Connection 7.1)

Skip to the Message Body (Connection 7.0)

"Jumps to the beginning of the message body, effectively repeating the message. If you assign a key to this option for the message header, it allows users to skip the header and jump right to the message"

Using a custom Menu you can assign this function to a specfic key, which will allow the customer to in effect skip the header and go straight to the body.

TwD

sorry should of have more info in my first post.  Unity connection 851su3.  there is no skip to message body option

Ok,

So in 8.x the option works the same, but has a different name:

Here is the link to the 8.x Admin Guide.  This is in about the same place:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag135.html#wp1102776

Replay Message

Jumps to the beginning of the message body, effectively repeating the message. If you assign a key to this option for the message header, it allows users to skip the header and jump right to the message.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I just wanted to add a note to the great tips from Thomas (+5 "T")

These settings are only exposed when using the Custom Keymapping Tool

in CUC, so you won't see them on your default conversation. Let's say

you are using the Classic Conversation for your users. You can go to the

Custom Keymapping Tool from cucadmin and say select Custom Keymapping #3

when it comes up you would, first off, reset the mapping on all tabs to Classic Conversation

this would then replicate your existing setup. Then go to the Message header page and map

some key # to "message Replay" I used 17 in my tests here.

The next step is to assign the new Custom Keymapping #3 conversation to the

required users via user>xxxx>Phone menu>Conversation>Custom Keymapping #3

and apply. You could do this in bulk via the Bulk Edit Utility if you need to do this

for many users.

You would also set Phone menu>Conversation>Custom Keymapping #3 in the User template

area so users that are created after this has been set up will use this conversation as well

In my tests here the only thing different than this example is that we use the Optional Conversation 1

so I reset the mapping on all tabs to Optional Conversation 1 when going through the steps above.

This worked like a charm.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you for your help.  It works...