Views
Helpful
Replies

Skype for SIP with CUCM 7.1.3

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I've never work with SIP before and I am trying to understand how to get Skype for SIP to talk to CUCM 7.1.3. I've got a profile set up for Skype for SIP in Skype Manager and I am kinda stuck here.

Has anyone successfully got this up and working ? Please share your experience, walk me through the configuration on both ends (Skype and CUCM).

How does a Skype user call an IP phone extension  and vice versa ?

Where in CUCM do you configure to handle incoming calls from Skype ?

Thanks in advance !!

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't used Skype for SIP so I apologize that I don't have much advice on how to get this working.  However, I did run across a few threads a month or so ago that mentioned it and it peaked my interest and I came across this thread on the Skype forums.  I'm not sure if the status has changed but I thought I'd share it with you just so you are aware.  As of June 1, 2010 a Skype Staff Member replied to a question regarding support for CUCM and noted that you need to use CUBE at this time as CUCM does not currently support the necessary authentication type.  Again, just a reference of something that you may want to be aware of before you dive too deep:

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=620893&view=&hl=cisco&fromsearch=1

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't used Skype for SIP so I apologize that I don't have much advice on how to get this working.  However, I did run across a few threads a month or so ago that mentioned it and it peaked my interest and I came across this thread on the Skype forums.  I'm not sure if the status has changed but I thought I'd share it with you just so you are aware.  As of June 1, 2010 a Skype Staff Member replied to a question regarding support for CUCM and noted that you need to use CUBE at this time as CUCM does not currently support the necessary authentication type.  Again, just a reference of something that you may want to be aware of before you dive too deep:

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=620893&view=&hl=cisco&fromsearch=1

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hello David,

As always David I appreciate your response !!! It seems like it's possible. I am trying to reach out to see if anyone actually got it working.

And by the way, thanks for your help with my Unity upgrade. I did the upgrade on last Saturday, went from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5 and all went well. I am about ready to jump to Unity Connection 8.x, hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Thanks again David !!

D.

Glad it all worked out.  Let me know if you have any questions about the path to Unity Connection and/or configuration, etc.

Hailey

Hi D,

This thread might help you. There's a configuration that Kevin Holmes provides to integrate CUCM with Skype using CUBE.

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=488641

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

- Adrián.

i have question here

in the outbound dial peer bellow

dial-peer voice 2 voip
description Skype Outgoing
destination-pattern .T
voice-class codec 1
session protocol sipv2
session target sip-server
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no vad 

this will use the sip config

sip-ua   
credentials username password realm sip.skype.com
authentication username password
registrar dns:sip.skype.com expires 3600
sip-server dns:sip.skype.com

this will sip dns of sip.skype.com

how the router will get the IP address of the URI

do we need to configure a DNS i the router such as compnay internal or internet external DNS ?

also if the calls go through a FW will NATing make any issues ?

thank you

Hi all, does any one make it work???. If yes, please share the  config steps.

In the skype page I see that Cisco PBX is supported, but I can't find any configuration guide.

Thanks a lot

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: