Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart routing

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

I am integrating an Avaya G3 in Honduras with a CCM 5.1 in Canada (HQ)using a Cisco 2821 router. After completing the integration, would it be possible to do smart routing? What I mean is if a user in Honduras wants to call to US, would it be possible to route the call to the Gateway in Canada and then to US? The reason I am asking is that calling from Canada to US is much cheaper than calliing from Honduras. I know this is very possible if we had full Cisco IPT solution in Honduras and Canada but not sur if we can do it when two vendors solution are involved. Could someone please shade some lights on this matter? If it's possible, I would like to know how can I accomplish this task. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

mchondo
Level 1
Level 1

What type of connection will be between the Avaya and the 2821 in Canada. Simply put, route patterns on the Canadian side would simply pipe the calls out to local or LD numbers. On the Avaya end, you can either use trunk codes or pipe all North American numbers over the pipe to Canada.

If you're using some type of H323 trunking, same thing would apply.

Thanks for the reply,

I am planning to use PRI (QSIQ) . btw Avaya and the 2821 if the other end (Avaya) allows. Could you please show me or refer me to a document which gives some config examples?

Thanks,

Any document on how to do the smart routing?

Thanks,