Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR issue in CUCM 8.6.1

Hi All,

I'm experiencing an issue with a SNR that i have set on CUCM. When the Remote Destination is called, CUCM replies with a 404 Not Found. I have gathered the logs and I have found:

CUCM IP = DOES NOT MATCH top level org domain

I think this error is due to CUCM doesn't find any route pattern to progress the call, does it? But it seems that all the patterns are properly related.

I wait for your advises.

Thanks,

Juan

19 Replies 19

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Are you able to dial RD number direcly from the phone ?

And also give us details about the call flow.

Thanks

Manish

Hello Manish,

The RD doesn't have an land phone associated but a extension mobility. We do this to have corporate mobiles without an IP phone so i cannot check if the RD is reachable calling from the phone.

The flow is:

A number --> PLMN/PSTN (not configured on CUCM)

B number --> Remote destination (mobile number)

A calls B by dialing E.164 number

Any idea?

Thanks,

Juan

Hi Juan,

Sorry for late reply.

How did you mapped RD to a extension? using UDP or RDP? On the basis of UDP you can not achieve this feature you need to configure RDP and also need to check Ring Schedule all the time.

Now if i am guessing your call flow correct this is how is happening.

PSTN ---->GW1---->CUCM---->RD---->CUCM(RP)----->GW2---->PSTN.

Now where are you getting this 404 error on GW1 or on GW2 ?

Thanks

Manish

Hi Manish,

The RD is mapped by configuring a RDP and the 404 comes from CUCM. It's what i said at the beginning, during the digit analysis, I can see a line saying:

CUCM IP = DOES NOT MATCH top level org domain

and after that, CUCM sends a 404 Not Found.

Thanks,

"CUCM IP = DOES NOT MATCH top level org domain" to resolve this you need to change Enterprise parameter of CUCM.

System > Enterprise Parameters > Clusterwide Domain Configuration>Organization Top Level Domain .

You need to verify INVITE message to check the domain that need to put in there.

Thanks

Manish

Is there any way to leave out this parameter? I have not configured it in others clusters and the SNR features is working as i have explained. I have read that this mistake is due to CUCM cannot find any pattern to route the call, right?

Thanks Manish for your help.

As you earlier told that you can not verify RD through a phone , i would suggest do a DNA analysis.

Set calling party number to RDP mapped extension and called number as RD destination number with proper CSS. Check the flow and see if its matching any route pattern or not.

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

Sorry Manish but i dont understand your suggestion. RDP is the called party and the calling party is an external phone...i cannot perform any DNA with this scenario.

On RDP what number is mapped on the left side (Line1)..like this..

Untitled.jpg

And on RD check the destination number.

Untitled1.jpg

Now set the calling number as 9999 and called number 987654321 and then do the analysis.

Thanks

Manish

Understood¡¡

But, even though i have checked this and there is a matching (so the call would be routed according to this result), i don't think that this result is relevant since calling from the IP phone to the mobile number it's not the same as the SNR functioning as each case uses different patterns to route calls. The crux of this whole story is why CUCM doesn't found the RDP...

Thanks,

Juan

The sample that shown above , i will go through that in explaining what i know..

If the call comes in as called number 9999 to CUCM from VG then only SNR function will comes into play , it will match RDP then RD after that call will be processed on the basis of router pattern matching RD destination number.

If call comes in as 987654321 as called number to CUCM from VG then this call will be processed as a normal call by matching route pattern only.

Now why CUCM is not matching RDP is because the called number which coming is not 9999 or there is problem with Class of Control (Partition or CSS) or there is no avaliable route pattern to match RD number.

Check this sample config on SNR.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27111

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

Silly question but have you verified the RDP Information number? Does the number match any RP or TP? Are you using any application dial rules? Have you verified the CSS on the RDP profile?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Morning Manish, Yahsiel,

I'm afraid i have double-checked the configuration and it fits all the requeriments detailed in the link posted by Manish.

In my case, when a call comes in, a TP (associated to the CSS set on the trunk for incoming calls) passes the E.164 number (Remote Destination) to the Extension number. Afterwards, I understood that, as the extension and the RDP are related, RD will be trigger by matching the RP associated to the re-routing CSS configured in the RDP, right? If so, this configuration is in place.

Any idea? it can be related to timers, BW...?

Thanks,

Juan

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

afterwards, I understood that, as the extension and the RDP are related,  RD will be trigger by matching the RP associated to the re-routing CSS  configured in the RDP, right? - Yes.

If i am getting your words correctly then this is happening...

PSTN user ----calls E.164 number (91444528888) ----VG----CUCM (TP changes to 8888) ----RDP ext-8888------ RD(09178945612) ----VG-----PSTN(Extension mobility Mobile number).

Any idea? it can be related to timers, BW...? ----- Did you selected All the time on RD page ?  and this issue happens intermittently ? If yes then it may be BW issue.

Thanks

Manish