cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Softkey Layout Configuration in CCM 4

rashedul45
Level 1
Level 1

I want to configure Softkey Layout for some ip phone without new call softkey at on hook state. is it possible?

if so then how.

Actulay i need to disable new call softkey for some IPT.

7 Replies 7

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi friend,

Please read this guide about Softkey Template Configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmcfg/b06skey.html

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

- Adrián.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rashedul,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Adrian (+5 points for your good work here Adrian)

Sadly, the "New Call" Softkey is a mandatory Softkey (note the ** beside it in the selection box) and therefore cannot be removed. It can however be moved down the Selection List Order so it is not on the first line. The other thing of note is that as soon as you go over 4 Softkeys in any Template the "More" softkey becomes mandatory as well :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your appreciation. Thanks for remember me about the ** for this softkey. As always thanks a lot for your valuable info around here :)

5 for you master.

Regards,

- Adrián.

Hey Adrian,

Thanks for your kind words my friend! The nice thing about these Forums is that we all help and learn from each other. It is a pleasure dealing with such nice people, like you!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for you reply. I know that the new call softkey is mandatory but is there any option to disable this key.

i can do this by disable speaker phone. but our customer is using headset so they can use this soft key.

Hi Rashedul,

You are most welcome! Sadly, if you can't delete this Softkey, you can't disable it either. You can move it way down the "selection" list so it isn't evident to the users but that's about it. If the goal of the customer is to prevent the users from making Outgoing calls, this is usually done by applying a totally restrictive CSS against the Device or Line.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your suggestion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: