Views
Helpful
Replies

Softkey Template 8941

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Experts,

I have a very funny question, i don't like to post but i have to becz of my lazy manager

My manager wants missed and received calls menu beside new call and redial on the screen(first) which is always available, he is saying me i dont want to go by the long procedure <settings>directory>scroll down>received call etc,,etc, Is it can be configurable.????

By the way the undefined softkey is used for what ???

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you only get to configure the softkey options you see, there's no option for directories under any softkey, nor can they be customized.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime,

what are the undefined softkey is used for ???

Thanks

To create a relative place holder for a softkey, add the Undefined  softkey. This allows the softkey that you added to occupy the same  softkey position in all call states.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Dear

I read the above line in the guide but i didnt understood, can you write any example

The "undefined softkey" is just a way to leave a gap between other softkeys. Exmaple:

Without the "undefined softkey"

Redial Newcall CfwdALL

With the "underfined softkey"

Redial "BLANK SPACE" Newcall CfwdALL

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

ok i see,

This allows the softkey that you added to occupy the same  softkey position in all call states.

the above line means in "connected" call states and in "off hook" call states i will get a space in between

correct me??

Thanks

Yes as long as you put the "undefined softkey" in the same position.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Dear,

By providing a space in between what cisco wants to proof. what is the use of that, that doesnt make any sense.

As the name defines it is undefined that means cisco should provide some way to customize the undefined key.

Please suggest

Thanks

Adam,

The "undefined softkey" is really for environments where users get easily confused by softkeys that can be used in mutliple states, being in different locations. The softkey could also be used as an empty space, for a future softkey to replace.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the request is to reduce the number of button presses, I can offer two options:

• Use a 8961/9900 series phone where the missed calls directory appears on the session buttons (right-hand side of the display) as a button. This has the advantage of actually showing whether there are missed calls.
  • Replicate the Missed Call directory URL as a generic service URL, modify the Phone Button Template to add a Service URL-type butotn, and subscribe the service to that button.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: