Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Some Issues with Call Manager and Unity

I am having those issues, and was wondering the easy way to resolve them.

------------------------------------

1. When using a hard phone and IP communicator, I would like to see speed dials replicated from hard phone to soft phone. I tried setting up a device profile to do this but it looks like I can't use one profile for 2 different types of phones. Maybe this will require ip mobility?

2. We currently have limitations on making changes to the active directory schema, what will be the other options for getting the corporate directory populated?

3. IP mobility question: Can IP mobility be implemented across separate clusters? If so, How

4. Unity question: Can anything be done about the (9) delete button? It doesn't give me an option to undo the delete. Once I hit it (accidentally or on purpose) the message is gone.

5.I can't get the VT Advantage plugin to download to my PC. It says "The system administrator has not made this install available".

6. What type of T1 connection I would need between Call Manager and Avaya to send Caller ID. Currently, when I dial an IP Phone Extension from a Avaya Phone, I only see the number on my IP Phone from the calling party, no name.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: Some Issues with Call Manager and Unity

For Unity:

You can change the caller input in the Unity tools to change 9 to do whatever you want. You can also do a quick bulk edit in unity to have unity "confirm you want to delete" the message. It is annoying for "old pros" but it helps the subscribers that are learning the new system, then turn it the confirm delete check box off.

For the Avaya connection, you need to setup QSIG on a CAS T1 line between to the two systems. THere are documents online at Cisco.com for this to setup ccm to avaya, requirements, etc.

For the VT advantage: You must be a local admin to install the VT Advantage in Windows. Once it is installed, you can bump the admin rights lower.

For corporate directory, if you choose not to do AD integration(which i would vote against) use the DC built into CCM. ANother option would be to look at a third party directory LDAP. Citrix Application Gateway is the best I have seen. Costs a couple bucks, but it's well worth it for large deployments. Save so much time on the Express Directory and management that it pays for itself.

Speed dials are based off of devices. Each device associated to a user must be configured. If a user logs into a phone, it must have the speed dials setup for that device.

Views
Helpful
Replies