cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA514G: BLF is broken in firmware 5.7.6 (firmware bug)

ivanpechorin
Level 1
Level 1

I have SPA514G device with one of the line keys configured as BLF, i.e. with extended function: fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=7309@$PROXY;ext=7312@$PROXY;usr=7309@$PROXY

This setup works perfectly on previous versions of SPA51x firmware (I've checked 7.5.2 and 7.5.4), but firmware 7.5.6 has changed the behaviour:

• On older firmwares, the phone sends SUBSCRIBE with "Accept: application/dialog-info+xml".
  • Version 7.5.6 with exactly the same settings sends SUBSCRIBE with different type instead - "Accept: application/x-broadworks-hoteling+xml"

In the Release Notes for 7.5.6 I found that Broadworks Hoteling is a new feature added in 7.5.6. I think that the change of the default behaviour is plain wrong, so this is a bug in firmware.

I didn't find any option in web interface that disables this new behaviour. There is a setting "Enable Broadsoft Hoteling", but it is set to default: "no".

I wonder if there is anyone else using BLF on SPA514G? Did you already upgrade to 7.5.6?

Any help or hint is highly appreciated - basically I want to run 7.5.6 but get the previous behaviour for fnc=sd+blf+cp - so that phone sends SUBSCRIBE for dialog-info instead of the new x-broadworks-hoteling.

P.S. We need firmware 7.5.6 for other reason, described here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12099606/problem-when-sending-cancel-180-ringing-received

2 Replies 2

FlyingDoctor_2
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a way around this bug

Release notes say it is fixed in 7.5.7, didn't test myself yet.

SPA50x/30x/51x Firmware Release 7.5.7
=====================================

Bug Fixes and changes since 7.5.6
=================================
- CSCur27078 - SPA514G - BLF is broken in firmware 7.5.6