Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA942 switch suddenly stopped working?

Hello,

Literally overnight I lost the ability to have both my PC and my phone connected at the same time. Here is the problem:

- Ethernet cable connected to my phone 'WAN' port + cable connected between my PC and the phone 'PC' port = phone works but no internet [MS Vista "Network and Sharing Center" shows connection to Local but not to Internet. Actually, I cannot get access to any assets on the Workgroup LAN.]

Here's what I tried:

- My phone connected to my PC with a different cable = no change (phone but no internet on PC)

- Ethernet directly to PC, bypassing phone = internet works but no phone (of course)

- My phone connected to a different PC = phone + internet works

- Different SPA942 connected to my PC = phone + internet works

So, as you can see, there is something weird going on between my phone and my PC.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

• IP Telephony
1 REPLY

SPA942 switch suddenly stopped working?

Well, it must have been the built in switch. We got around it by using a little external 4-port switch - still a kludgy and relatively expensive solution, but it works.

I'm not quite sure about the phone + other PC = works. Maybe it was intermittent.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.