Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SPA962 'OP ALLOC ERROR'

Hi,

One of our customers has 4x SPA962 each with 2xSPA932. They randomly restart with various reboot reasons.

C4 is one I cannot find in the 'reboot reasons' list (I asked this question there but realize I should have opened a new discussion).

Strangely enough, even when H0 is the reason, the syslog shows:

<date> <time> <IP address> OP ALLOC ERROR 7 641 (last number varies).

after that, logging stops and 10 seconds later I see a DHCP request coming in and the phone comes up, giving reboot reason H0.

This seems more than just a regular power on reason (we checked power supplies, switched them, use PoE etc etc).

Any idea? Thanks

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SPA962 'OP ALLOC ERROR'

Hello Erik,

Thanks for contacting Cisco Support Community.

We have a forum inside the Community which is specialized on Linksys SPA9XX phones:

Cisco  Support Community > NetPro > Small Business Support Community  > Small Business Voice and Conferencing > IP Phones

I highly suggest you surf on that forum and if you can't find the information you are looking for, go ahead and post the same question there, since on this forum we normally discuss Cisco IP Telephony and not Linksys.

I hope it helps,

German

Re: SPA962 'OP ALLOC ERROR'

Thanks. I did a global search for 962 reboot problems and didn't find a relevant answer. The post is now in the SB section, thanks for the pointer.

Erik

Views
Helpful
Replies