cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Special ringback tone if an ip phone is busy ??

dcharlier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the following request from a customer that migrated from an Alcatel Phone system to a CUCM 6.1.2.

Is it possible to have a special ringback tone to the calling party if a user is busy and :

- at the calling side: having a special ringback tone indicating that the user is busy

- at the called side: showing the call as a second call.

They really liked this functionality: they knew that someone was on the line, and so they did not insist to continue waiting.

As far as I know, we can only do a work-around with “max calls = 1 in combination with callback”, or having the voice-mail used for busy calls ?

They do not like the callback on busy, or the callback on no answer …

Does anyone has experiences or ideas on this ?

Many Thanks,

Dirk

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Had the same issue with a customer migrating from Alcatel to CME.

To my knowledge cisco has not even planned to release something like that, netiehr on CM nor CME.

So I had to write a TCL/IVR script that does this. The requisite is that you use H.323 and configure additional DNs.

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/camp-on.tcl

Note, the script currently doesn't handle transfers. I haven't got the time yet to add that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Had the same issue with a customer migrating from Alcatel to CME.

To my knowledge cisco has not even planned to release something like that, netiehr on CM nor CME.

So I had to write a TCL/IVR script that does this. The requisite is that you use H.323 and configure additional DNs.

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/camp-on.tcl

Note, the script currently doesn't handle transfers. I haven't got the time yet to add that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: