cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Dial List on UCM 6.1

SBCdd7343
Level 1
Level 1

All of customers users need to be able to access a speed dial-list (which is a list of the # to their respective customers). How can this be achieved in UCM6.1? Not lookign to do individual speed dials per phone via buttons or abbreviated dialing, need the list.

thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are various third party poducts that can offer speed dial via the phone.

One cheapish one is Billy from StoneVoice

http://www.stonevoice.com/Products/ContactManagement/tabid/772/Default.aspx#df

I think you can get it on eval for a month.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the only possible way i could see of achieving this would be to configure and create a personalized CUCM service which can do this, PAB and SD are configured per user and the only directory that all the users can access is the corporate directory that we provide by default

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Javalenc,

I understand how to create a service, but Am I correct the actual Speed Dial List would have to be put together via creating xml page? Do you have a recommended partner that can create this for a fee? Maybe Berbee or CMB Technologies?

Thanks, I promise to rate before closing out

Regards,

There are various third party poducts that can offer speed dial via the phone.

One cheapish one is Billy from StoneVoice

http://www.stonevoice.com/Products/ContactManagement/tabid/772/Default.aspx#df

I think you can get it on eval for a month.

jdhoefler
Level 1
Level 1

If the customers dial-plan doesn't include a #, or * for anything, we have used the * to prefix a 2 or 3 digit number that translates to the full number, i.e. create a translation pattern that translates *01 or *001 to 9(7 or 11 digits) depending if the call is local or long distance. User *01 if you have less than 100 Speed-Dials, or *001 if you have more than 100. Everyone can have access to this.

It's a pain to configure if you have a lot of numbers, because you can't do it with BAT, but it works.

we had a customer that required a "global" speed dial list so we used translation patterns to acheive this and send out a list of all SD numbers.

so basically. they new that #11 was 868667xxxx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: