Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

speed dialing

I have a ccme 3.3 and 20 IP phones. I want that all the phones can dial to a number i.e. 200 and then this number translate to a external number i.e. 964812510

That is the most dialed number in the office so I want that all users dial it faster.

Is it possible to configure it in the cme? How can I do it?

7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: speed dialing

Hi Santi,

This is quite possible in CME here are some docs that explain the methods;

Speed-Dial Buttons and Abbreviated Dialing

In a Cisco CME system, each phone can have up to 33 local speed-dial numbers (codes 1 through 33), up to 99 systemwide speed-dial numbers (codes 1 through 99), or a combination of the two. If you program both a local and a systemwide speed-dial number with the same code (tag number), the local number takes precedence. In most cases you will want to reserve codes 1 through 33 for local, per-phone speed-dial numbers and use codes 34 through 99 for systemwide speed-dial numbers so that there is no conflict.

On an IP phone, a speed-dial number can be on a speed-dial button or it can be an abbreviated code that is dialed from the keypad. On an analog phone, a speed-dial number can only be an abbreviated code.

Each speed-dial definition contains a speed-dial code (an identifier also known as a tag) and usually the full extension or telephone number that should be dialed when the code is used at the phone. However, local speed-dial entries on IP phone buttons can be defined without telephone numbers so that phone users can enter whatever numbers they want from the phone. Local speed-dial definitions can also be created with locked numbers that cannot be changed from the phone. Systemwide speed-dial definitions cannot be changed from the phone.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85d.html#wp2230559

Here is a good overview doc for the different CME Speed Dials;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85d.html#wp2294210

Hope this helps!

Rob

Community Member

Hi,

If you want/have to use the dialed nr. 200 you

can use global translation-rules on the ephone-dn.

Like:

translation-rule 10

rule 1 200 964812510

ephone-dn xx

number xxxx

translate {called | calling} 10

Greets,

Norbert

Community Member

What I want to do is :

If an IP phone dial 200 it is translated automatically to the number 667422712 who is the number of the head office of my company

I have tried to do what you say but its not running and then I have tried this:

ephone 1

speed-dial 20 +667433712 label headoffice

then restart

But it's not running, any ideas?

Community Member

Hi,

When you dial (from the phone directly) the number 667433712, does it work's?

If not, you may haven't a dial-peer for this nr.

Greets

Norbert

Community Member

Yes I have a dial-peer for this number and if I dial 667433712 directly it works.

Community Member

I used the following to force divert all "0" calls to the recpetionist on ext 300

ephone-dn 100

number 0

label Internal reception

call-forward all 300

By the same logic, this should work too

ephone-dn 200

number 200

label Head-Office Transfer

call-forward all 667433712

As long as the person who dials 200 has the required Class of Restriction to use the number that the call-forward points to, should work.

Steve.

Community Member

Hi,

here a sample with translation-rule:

translation-rule 200

Rule 1 ^200 667433712

ephone-dn 1

number 220

label nr.220

name nr.220

description nr.220