cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Speed Dials - 7911

Hi All,

I'm setting up a bunch of 7911G and 7906G for use in our classrooms. The phones only need to dial internally - in fact, they only need to dial a handful of numbers for room support, switchboard, etc. I want to set up speed dials (shame I can't do it with the softkeys), and the speed dials look like a good option.

However - and I think I already know the answer to this - I'm wondering about how best to do it. I set up a phone template, with the SDs I want. I can create phones using this, but I'm wondering about the management long term. There aren't any 'policies' or similar, to enforce such settings en masse. Would I be right in thinking that if I need to make a big change, I need to export to CSV, hack the file, then re-import?

It's not such a big problem, as all the phones will be in a single number range, so it'll be easy to identify them, but I wondered if there was a better way.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Speed Dials - 7911

Why don't you try configuring some translation patterns for this instead. This way all required users can access these instead of configuring individual speed dials for everyone. So, create a translation pattern *100 that will dial the phone number for room support, *101 for switchboard etc..

HTH

Community Member

Well, the idea behind it is that instead of having what we currently do - which is a little list of numbers stuck on the wall in every class room, we can just have them on the phone. Users can select from a list... it's simple, and they don't have to remember anything.

Make things easier - that's the plan!

Silver

Unfortunatley with the 7911's you'll only be able to display the first 4 speed dials. For the remaining 96 your users will have to use Abbreviated dialing which will involve lists stuck on a wall! Any chance they could upgrade their phones to 61s and use the 7914's to acheive the extra speed dial buttons?

Community Member

Anything more than a 7911 is really overkill tbh.

I think updating them with the bulk tools is the easiest way.

Thanks for the replies.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content