cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

speed dials

thomasmikkelsen
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to deploy one speed dial number to multiple phones?

We have 100 social workers who needs to be able to call a security officer quickly in case they feel threatened by a client. We want to acomplish this by using a speed dial button. I know that each user can create speed dials using the ccmuser interface. But we would like to avoid that.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Thomas,

I would look into using BAT (Bulk Administration Tool) for adding the 100 Speed Dial Buttons. Have a look;

Adding or Updating Speed Dials in a BAT Template

You can add and update speed dials in the BAT template.

You can designate speed dials for phones and Cisco VGC phones if the Phone Button Template provides speed-dial buttons

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In the Phone or User Device Profile Template Configuration window, choose the template for which you want to add speed dial(s)

Step 2 Click Add/Update Speed Dials in the upper, right corner of the window.

A popup window displays. In this window, you can designate speed-dial buttons for Cisco IP Phones and expansion modules. The phone button template in use for this BAT template determines the number of available speed-dial buttons.

Step 3 In the Speed Dial Settings for Phone area, enter the phone number, including any access or long-distance codes, in the Speed Dial Number field.

Step 4 In the Label field, enter a label that corresponds to the speed-dial number.

Step 5 In the Speed Dial Settings not associated with a button area, you can set abbreviated speed dials for applicable IP phone models by repeating Step 3 and Step 4.

Step 6 Click Update and Close.

BAT inserts the speed-dial settings in the template, and the popup window closes.

From this good BAT doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00805560f6.html#wp1207656

Hope this helps!

Rob

You might also want to consider a PLAR in this case. By assigning another line button on the phone (of course, you need one) and forcing that line to automatically call the security officer, you can be guarenteed to always have a line available.

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply.

The phones are already configured and deployed. So the speed dial is an update to existing phones. Maybe that wasn't clear in my first post. My question now is; would altering a template affect these phones? I thought templates were only used when adding phones to the call manager and not to update phones. Am I wrong?

Thomas

Hi Thomas

I guess you are right. BAT can update existing phones, but not everything. I have a similar requirement to update speed dial for several phones. I dont think BAT can do this. Did you get this accomplished?

Has anyone tried this? I think we are running into a BAT limitation here.

Thanks,

Veera

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: