Views
Helpful
Replies

split unity connection 1.2

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

is there any way to split subscribers in unity connection? for example incoming calls hit to auto attendant, then caller can dial extension at any time. is it possible to allow caller be able to reach only certain subscribers? I did CSS and partition in callmanager to split up users in two different companies. let's say when caller dial company A and dial the extension belongs to company B, Unity connection sends caller directly to company B user voicemail. if I can block this behavior and Caller from company A only reach to subscriber in Company A not B, that would be great.

any suggestion would be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not with 1.2, if you look that you need CUC 7

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for reply

can we do this by restriction table? like comany A has 71.. numbering pattern and company B has 72.. pattern. Then create restriction table with 72?? in unity connection, when AA wants to forward incoming call from company A to B, it seems 72.. number as restricted and won't do that. Am I right?

Thanks again for your quick reply

Alex

Hi Alex,

I like your thinking here! The only problem that I see with this plan is that I believe the Caller System Transfer Restriction Table is only invoked when the number being selected is not a Subscriber.

Setting Up System Transfers

In your organization, you may find that callers want to be able to dial numbers that are not typically listed in directory assistance. For example, subscribers and outsider callers may find it convenient to be able to call Cisco Unity and transfer from the Opening Greeting or another call handler to a lobby extension, conference room extension, or an extension assigned to someone in the organization who is not a Cisco Unity subscriber, such as an employee who is visiting from another site and is using a guest office. In addition, some subscribers may want to be able to call Cisco Unity and then transfer to phone numbers outside of the organization-such as frequently called customers or vendors-so that they do not have to hang up after checking messages to place another call, or so that they will not incur long-distance charges while on business travel.

You can route callers to one of two "system transfer" conversations, both of which offer callers the ability to transfer to numbers that are not associated with Cisco Unity subscribers:

Caller System Transfer This conversation prompts callers to enter the number that they want to transfer to.

To protect Cisco Unity from toll fraud and unauthorized use, Cisco Unity performs the transfer only when the CS_Default_System_Transfer restriction table permits it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/404/administration/guide/ex/sag0045.html#wpxref10297

Like Java nicely mentioned, there are new options in UC 7.0 that will enable this type of functionality. Have a look at the Training Video from the great Unity Tools :)

Messaging and Directory

Search Spaces and Partitions (support for overlapping numbering plans and tenant scenarios)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/TOI_CUC701.htm

Hope this helps! Happy Holidays!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: