cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sporadic One way drop outs on CME 4.3

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, im having sporadic issues with a CME system where by the the called party can here the calling party but not the other way around, this only happens for about 1 in every 25 calls and originates from the CME location.

We have a Cisco 2811 running CME v4.3 and using SIP as the call method, this connects to a Cisco 2960 PoE Switch, the firewall in place is an ASA 5510 running 8.0.3(19) code and the WAN connection is a 2Mbit/s leased line terminated on an 1841 running 12.4(21)

Auto QoS is configured on the voice interface on the 2811, the 2960 switch, i have priority queues for voice on the ASA and Auto QoS configured on the 1841 serial interface.

My first assumption would be that it's a NAT timeout issue on the firewall, all the timeout values are defaulted and SIP inspection is turned on, i have configured a span port on the switch and have wireshark collecting voice statistics but could you guys suggest other logging sources i could look at to see where the problem lies or has anyone had this issue previously?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

2 Replies 2

Cheers for the links, ive narrowed down the issue which appears to only be happening a few times a day, when it does occur the jitter leaps to around 4600, this is using the call statistics feature found on the phone.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: