cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST across 2 gateways

gbwatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any experience or documentation regarding the process of splitting SRST duties between 2 same site routers? I have a customer with a remote location and they would like to have SRST at this location - 800+ employees. I have heard there is a method by which you can split the SRST registrations between 2 gateways in order to surpass the 730 ephone limitation of one gateway.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ok the trick here is to put lets say half users in one device pool and others in other device pool then,creat two srst deffenetions

then fo each device pool assigne one of the gateways as the SRST router regarding its the router or gateway IP address

which should be the same as the ip address set with ip source add x.x.x.x under the srst config

simple :)

good luck

if helpful Rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ok the trick here is to put lets say half users in one device pool and others in other device pool then,creat two srst deffenetions

then fo each device pool assigne one of the gateways as the SRST router regarding its the router or gateway IP address

which should be the same as the ip address set with ip source add x.x.x.x under the srst config

simple :)

good luck

if helpful Rate

gbwatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you. I was planning on doing that however someone told me this was now a feature function of IOS - guess I was misinformed.

Cheers!

good luck

if helpful Rate please,