Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SRST Activations

If I have a 3845 with Advanced Enterprise on it, how do I go about activating SRST for it. If I purchase say CSA-FL-SRST-36, what exactly would I do to get that activated?

Also, why would the ETA from our supplier be so long just to get that license? They are showing it to be a month delayed from receiving all the hardware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: SRST Activations

there is no license activation with SRST there is no license key that is installed or something like that..

what u buy when u buy an SRST license is a licensed SRST feature on the IOS for a paritcular router. (or say it is activated SRST license if u like)

when u have a voice grade IOS it will support SRST. so SRST is a feature on a voice grade IOS.

in fact You have to purchase SRST license even There is no license enforcement.. it is a legality issue...

i mean if u have an IOS that supports SRST just start call-manager-fallback menus!

generally speaking ADV Ent supports SRST.. but what ios release u have just to make sure?

hth

please remember to rate helpful posts

/majdi

4 REPLIES
Silver

hi

so if u need to master SRST u have to walk through this SRST Admin guide, and here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_configuration_guide_book09186a0080667143.html

i found it collects every SRST config

hth

/majdi

Configs are there yes, but nothing about activating the licenses, and nothing about whether Advanced Enterprise Services build is OK for SRST.

How do I activate the license so I can use the call-manager-fallback menus?

Silver

there is no license activation with SRST there is no license key that is installed or something like that..

what u buy when u buy an SRST license is a licensed SRST feature on the IOS for a paritcular router. (or say it is activated SRST license if u like)

when u have a voice grade IOS it will support SRST. so SRST is a feature on a voice grade IOS.

in fact You have to purchase SRST license even There is no license enforcement.. it is a legality issue...

i mean if u have an IOS that supports SRST just start call-manager-fallback menus!

generally speaking ADV Ent supports SRST.. but what ios release u have just to make sure?

hth

/majdi

One thing to consider is to think about how many phones you want to put in SRST mode. We have a license of 24 but I only have 20 phones in SRST mode because of bandwidth issues.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content