Replies

SRST and dial peers

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Brief overview;

- MGCP CallManager system

- Two routers connected to each other; one is the LAN router that CM, phones and all other devices regard as their default gateway. The other router is the WAN router with FXO ports that are connected to phone lines that CM uses.

- SRST reference is properly configured on CM so that the WAN router is regarded as the gateway to use in SRST mode.

- Outbound calling works great

- Inbound calling does not work, when an inbound call is made, call recieves a dial tone and a caller can make another call from there. SO, this is a dial peer issue.

One of the call legs does not have a valid dial peer. If the SRST router weren't one hop away, a single pots dial peer could be used for inbound and outbound calls in SRST. But because it is not, I have to set up a voip dial peer pointing to my inside router where the phones are connected.

My pots and voip dial peers on my outside router are configured like this;

dial-peer voice 5000 pots

description "H323 Dial-Peer"

translation-profile incoming srst

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 9T

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 5001 voip

description "H323 Dial-Peer"

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 2960

session target ipv4:192.168.50.2

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

I'd like for inside calls to be forwarded to a phone at extension 2960, would like to know if I am overthinking the issue. Do I only need to set up a pots and voip dial peer on the inside router or do I need to enable anything else?

1 Reply 1

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I think I was not seeing this issue correctly. When I looked at the router, I saw that the phones had registered to the WAN router in SRST mode.

My issue is still a dial peer, but it looks like the MGCP dial peer is still being referenced for the incoming call. I've included the output. I've set up SRST before and haven't run into this kind of issue. Can someone help point out my problem?

-Shikamarunara