cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST and Limit-dn: A long shot question...

If I am using the 'limit-dn' command to limit the number of dn's allowed per phone, is it at all possible to select which lines are allowed?  It appears that the phones will register the first x lines allowed (i.e. if 2 dn's per phone are allowed, lines 1 and 2 will be available in fallback mode).

The reason for this is such.  We have a number of small call centers.  On each agents phone, we have their personal line on the first 2 lines, then their IPCC extension, and then a shared line appearance that is used for overflow/no-one-logged-in situations.  I would really like to be able to forward the call center pilot number to that overflow extension when in fallback, but there is no way I can support 4 dn's per phone across the board.  I'd like to be able to support just the first and fourth line, but I am guess that isn't possible.

The next option/question:  Can I someone configure a certain set of phones to register more phones than other phones of the same type?  I know I can configure a different 'limit-dn' on each model type, but this site has standardized on a single model, so the call center users have the same model as everyone else.  My hopes are not to high on this one either.

Which leaves door #3, which I don't like much at all.  I can configure 'alias' commands to route the pilot to the personal line of each of the call center users.  This involves more overhead, both in setup and maintenance, and doesn't work as cleanly, because the calls will come in to the same person first everytime, rather than blasted out on a shared line.  But at least it provides the core functionality.  BTW, I know that I'm limited to 50 alias commands, which will accomadate all of our call center users for the time being.

Thoughts, anyone?

1 Reply 1

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

With the level of granularity that you wish to achieve I think you should investigate using SRST fallback mode using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (Cisco Unified CME).

Details here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesrst.html

I have not had the opportunity implement this but I figure it is a matter of time.  So I cannot speak from experience on the details but will definietely allow many more configuration options than a normal SRST would.

HTP – Please Rate Posts