Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SRST and T.P Ques

i have ip phone in HQ with 8111

and ip phone in branch site with 7111

during srst mode in branch site (due to WAN failure), and while HQ ip phones still running with CCM being up, I want 8111 to call 7111, basically it won't call 7111 because it will like unavailable (cause 7111 now registers with srst GW)

so i want to create a translation pattern,

my question is how to create this translation pattern precisley so that from phone 8111 i want to dial 7111 and according to this TP manipultaion on dialed digits, phone 7111 will ring?

thanks and regards

8 REPLIES

Re: SRST and T.P Ques

Create a new partition called SRST. Add this partition to calling search spaces that you wish to be able to dial the branch while in SRST mode. Be sure that this partition is lower in the search order than the normal parition used for 7111. Create a new translation pattern of 7111 and put this pattern in the SRST partition. Give the pattern a calling search space that can call PSTN numbers at the branch. Make the called party transform mask the full e.164 number required to dial the branch prefixed with your PSTN and long distance access codes if necessary. For example, 912223337111. You could also make this translation pattern work for all DNs in the 7000 range by making the pattern 7XXX and the mask 912223337XXX.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Brandon,

Have you tried this?

I have a suspicion that it may not work becuase the 7111 DN fo the phone will be matched first, and since the phone is unregistered the call will go to voicemail if set or get reorder.

With CCM 4.2 you now have a feature that allows you to specify forwarding options for unregistered phone, so this would be ideal for your situation where you would enter the phone's full number.

Chris

Chris,

I just tested it and you are absolutely right. Excellent point. Do you know any other way to work around this pre 4.2?

Brandon

I don't think it's doable in pre 4.2, the only solution would be manual callForward All ;-(

Chris

thanks BRANDON

actually I did the whole procedure u described in ur reply before i posted my question, and it didn't work (7111 didn't ring), I thought there was something missed in my work but it seems not.

note that I used CCM 4.1 installed on virtual machine (lab environment), I tried many work arounds without any result. I hope if u have any idea to analyze or troubleshoot this issue..

also could u p.s explain more ((Be sure that this partition is lower in the search order than the normal parition used for 7111)) u mentioned

thanks

CFUR feature

#################

Cisco Unified CallManager 4.2 introduces the Call Forward Unregistered (CFUR) feature as a way to reroute calls placed to a temporarily unregistered destination phone. ###############

dear all,

I bet this fwd unregistered feature which is available in 4.2 is also available in CCM 5.x is this right?

rgrds

That's incorrect, as CCM 5.X is based off of CCM 4.1, and all 4.2 features are not available.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies