Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST and Translation

bastienbertout
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I meet some kind of a problem in my IP Telephony design.

All my DNs in CUCM are 9 digits long.

The PSTN Gateway is a CUBE which have 2 SIP Trunk : One to the CUCM and one to my provider.

On incoming calls, the provider shows 10 digits number for the caller and the called.

I route DN to the CUCM, strip the first digit with a translation pattern, match my ip phones dn... Everything is fine.

But the cube is also a srst gateway in case of a crash of CUCM.

If CUCM crashes, IP Phones registers to CUBE/SRST with their 9 digits long DN.

On incoming calls, as I said, provider show 10 digits number for the called.

As their is no SRST dial peer matching 10 digits number (all DNs are 9 digits), incomins calls are not working.

I tried to use a voice translation to strip first digit of the called number in SRST config or in the incoming dial-peer, but it does not seems to work.

When I use translation in SRST config, I guess that the dial-peer selection is made before translation.

When I use translation in the incoming dial peer config, it does not work. I think that I can only use translation on outgoing dial peer, is it correct ?

Does someone know a way to strip first digit before outgoing dial-peer selection ? So I wont have any problem with SRST and, as a bonus, I won't have to strip first digit on CUCM side.

Thanx for your help,

Bastien.

2 Replies 2

dimuthurathna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can do translation on incoming dial peers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c0a88.shtml

Be sure to match whole DNIS number & not only incoming called-number

You're right it works .... I did not implement the transaltion on the good incoming dial peer.

thanx a lot for your help,

Regards,

Bastien    

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: