Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST and Translation

bastienbertout
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I meet some kind of a problem in my IP Telephony design.

All my DNs in CUCM are 9 digits long.

The PSTN Gateway is a CUBE which have 2 SIP Trunk : One to the CUCM and one to my provider.

On incoming calls, the provider shows 10 digits number for the caller and the called.

I route DN to the CUCM, strip the first digit with a translation pattern, match my ip phones dn... Everything is fine.

But the cube is also a srst gateway in case of a crash of CUCM.

If CUCM crashes, IP Phones registers to CUBE/SRST with their 9 digits long DN.

On incoming calls, as I said, provider show 10 digits number for the called.

As their is no SRST dial peer matching 10 digits number (all DNs are 9 digits), incomins calls are not working.

I tried to use a voice translation to strip first digit of the called number in SRST config or in the incoming dial-peer, but it does not seems to work.

When I use translation in SRST config, I guess that the dial-peer selection is made before translation.

When I use translation in the incoming dial peer config, it does not work. I think that I can only use translation on outgoing dial peer, is it correct ?

Does someone know a way to strip first digit before outgoing dial-peer selection ? So I wont have any problem with SRST and, as a bonus, I won't have to strip first digit on CUCM side.

Thanx for your help,

Bastien.

2 Replies 2

dimuthurathna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can do translation on incoming dial peers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c0a88.shtml

Be sure to match whole DNIS number & not only incoming called-number

You're right it works .... I did not implement the transaltion on the good incoming dial peer.

thanx a lot for your help,

Regards,

Bastien