Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SRST as a redundancy option for CME

Hi,

One of my existing customer is looking for CME based solution for 100 users for single site with redundancy. We had proposed 2 ISR G2 based CME solution with a primary and redundant CME where both the router can be either at our data centre or at customer premises.

Nowwww Customer wants to put primary router in Our DC and secondary in their premises, hence running redundant CME in this scenario might not be very clean. Again they have just one WAN link from our DC to their premises which makes it single point of failure. (They need all redundancy and doesn't want to spend little exttra money )

In this case, can we run CME on primary router (Telephony - services) located in our data centre and SRST (Call Manager Fallback) on secondary router in customer premises??

I had refered the CME SRND, which explains that it is mandatory to put same config on both the routers and both the routers will be running same IOS but i could not find any document where it is mentioned that CME can act as primary and SRST can act as back up for that (rather than redundant CME).

Logically this should work but there is no document and i have nothing available to test

Can any one help with confirmation that which option will suit better and any supporting document??

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

I dont see how this will work. for your phones to have SRST fallback, they must first register to CUCM. If your CCME is your primary router implying that your phones will register to that CCME gateway, then you cant have SRST.

NB Do not over engineer a solution just to accomodate a customer unwillingness to spend money. Propose solutions based on SRND models and dont be afraid to tell the customer what i supported and not supported.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

I dont see how this will work. for your phones to have SRST fallback, they must first register to CUCM. If your CCME is your primary router implying that your phones will register to that CCME gateway, then you cant have SRST.

NB Do not over engineer a solution just to accomodate a customer unwillingness to spend money. Propose solutions based on SRND models and dont be afraid to tell the customer what i supported and not supported.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Re: SRST as a redundancy option for CME

Hi,

Thanks for your reponse and confirmation on the query.

I never wanted to propose this to customer but before i say "NO" to customer was looking for a document or thread, where this is clearly mentioned.

Managed to get this answer from Cisco CCME team as well

THanks

Ajay

Views
Helpful
Replies