cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Dial plan when not in fallback?

lukeprimm
Level 1
Level 1

First off, I do appreciate all the very informative feedback on this forum, its been a life saver. 

So as I go through this setup in my head, im stuck on one more thing. When the branch office phones register back to the CUCM at the main office and get their config, where do they get their dial plans for still making outgoing calls over the PSTN?  I understand how it works when they are in SRST fallback, but wont im not sure is when they are not in fallback, what tells them to use all their local resources and not traverse the wan link to make outgoing calls?

Im sure its simple, but Im stuck at the moment, thanks!!

lp

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If phones are not in SRST then they are registered to CUCM, CUCM has the dial plan and config to make that happen.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

so I think thats where my confusion starts.  "CUCM has the dial plan"  I need to understand how/where to set this up? I did find some info on using "Local Route Groups"  is that what I should be looking at?  THanks

The dial plan is ANYTHING that is configured in CUCM, you should start by reading this if you're new to CUCM

Dial Plan

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/dialplan.html

You can review the dial plan report to see all that's configured.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, i understand Dial plans for th most part. Im just not conencting exactly where the remote phones get their dial plan information? Is it part of the Device pool settings?  Thanks

They do not download any dial plan, when you make a phone call CUCM configuration is used to route the calls.  Calling Search Spaces applied to the phone and DN are used to steer the call via listed partitions to Route Patterns that point to Route List --> Route Group --> GW/Trunk.

Alternatively if Local Route Groups are used Device Pool is used to determine the Route Group, so in that case the CSS drives which RP is selected and Local Route Group defined in DP is used for selecting GWs.

HTH,

Chris

Maxim Denisov
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Luke,

Just guessing "what tells them to use all their local resources and not traverse the wan link to make outgoing calls?" and remembering one of your previous question, are you talking about RTP flows? If yes - signalling is always processed on UCM but RTP flows directly between endpoints.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

okay, getting closer.  At my main site, I use two MGCP voice gateways to interface with my two local PRI's.  Do I need to add my remote site CME/SRST router into CUCM as a MGCP gateway?

Hi,

If you want your remote site MGCP gateway to take calls when Ip phones are regesterd to CUCM, you have to add it in CUCM.

Do not add remote site gateway in CUCM, If you only want your main site to handle PSTN traffic when Ip phones are regestered to CUCM. 

In SRST you will have to configure your locle router for call handeling.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Ive got the remote site added into CUCM and registered correctly.  I was wondering since this is only a single site, can I bypass setting up a Route group/route list, etc? and just do a basic logic that says if your call is in the remote office go out the local GW?  All my reading tells me that Local Route Groups and Route lists are a huge time saver once you have multiple sites, butim only adding this one remote office, so I would like to keep it as simple as possible.

Any suggestions?  thanks

Hi,

To use that gateway to make calls, It has to be in RG/RL. LRG is way to reduce configuration only. If you dont want to use LRG, you have to manually configure RG/RL and use this in RP.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: