Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Extension calls to specific FXO

mazinahsan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently I migrated one of our branches to CUCM/SRST deployment. Just like any other CUCM/SRST deployment , I expected to finish smoothly. During the migration the IT personal discovered they had three different Departments with three diffrent Phone System working on this branch.

(Someone didnt do the survey properly, I guess. )

Which meant resulted me migrating these systems on the single Voice gateway avaiable for the branch.

Each department had their own POTS lines. This setup had to be maintained after the migration. i.e lines for the department had to be only used by their respective department.

While this was easy with CUCM and voice translation rules , the problem I am facing is with SRST Mode, I am unable to succeed.

What have already been deployed is Calls from specific extensions to be forwarded to specific FXO port while the system is registered with CUCM.

For example,

dial-peer   voice 999 voip
description ### 6042210 ####
answer-address 6042210
voice-class h323 1
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad
dial-peer   voice 998 pots
port 0/0/1
description *** MOBILE-CALLS ***
destination-pattern 7905........
forward-digits 10

Voice translation rule used :

voice translation-rule 6042210

rule 1 /^9/ /79/

voice translation-profile XYZ-LINES

translate called 60422210

Everything works smooth with CUCM but when the system goes to SRST it does not work. Which is how it should behave. The problem is with SRST mode the ephone create their own dial-peer. The possiblity I am left with is to use Cor-List under call-manager-fallback or translation rules.

With Both I am unable to succeed, cannot seem to figure out a standard workable resolution.

I hope someone can help me out on it.

Thanks,

Mazin

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Couple of options:

• Use CME as SRST with COR lists, this requires changes to SRST config everytime you add/delete user in CUCM, etc
  • Use Enhanced SRST where SRST router syncs with CUCM

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: