Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

m

SRST failover and phone doesn't reregister to the callmanager

For some reason, I restarted the subscribe server last night( all the phones are registered with the Subscribe Server). When the server came back, i noticed that a large number of IP phones failover to SRST mode. the status of these phones on the Callmanager is unknow. The weird thing is the network connectivity between voice subnet and the callmanager is ok and but these phones don't fail back to CCM. I have to power cycle the phone to get it reregister to the CCM.

Is there any way to get it done automatically? Is it something to do with my CCM/voice gateway settings?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: SRST failover and phone doesn't reregister to the callmanage

Make sure you have full ip reachability to the Voice VLAN. Can you ping the phones from CCM?

Ajaz

m

Thanks. The interesting thing is on the Callmanager, the status of the phone is unkown. Does it mean the phone lost it's ip adress information? If the phone lost it's ip address information, why it can still make calls and receive calls.

By default it should be fall-back to CCM within 120 sec.

Sometimes it would have got registered with CCM but still the status is not known. If you restart the "RIS Data collector" service on the CCM will show you the real time status.

Views
Helpful
Replies