Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST License Questions

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all, hope everyone is well !!

I've got a CUCM 7.1.3 environment with a few 29xx series routers at remote sites. I understand that I need to purchase SRST license to use the feature on the ISR's but my question is do I need to purchase the user licenses for the phones ? I figure I already purchased the user license for CUCM then I don't need purchase the user license for SRST, but please confirm this for me. Thanks all in advance !!!

D.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

SRST license specifies maximum number of phones the router is allowed for SRST registration during WAN failure. There are no additional licenses needed. Some choose to save by buying SRST license only for a portion of phones that must be operational during WAN outage.

View solution in original post

Indeed your user licenses for CUCM cover normal operation and SRST licenses cover the phones under SRST.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

SRST license specifies maximum number of phones the router is allowed for SRST registration during WAN failure. There are no additional licenses needed. Some choose to save by buying SRST license only for a portion of phones that must be operational during WAN outage.

Thanks Roman !!! I appreciate the response !!

Questions: per your comment "Some choose to save by buying SRST license only for a portion of phones that must be operational during WAN outage". Let's say I have 100 phones at this remote site and I only purchase FL-SRST-50=. The question is Can I select the phones that I want register during SRST mode ?

Thanks again Roman !!!

D.

Yes, you defined different Device Pool with no SRST reference for those phones, this way they will never attempt to register.

Chris

Indeed your user licenses for CUCM cover normal operation and SRST licenses cover the phones under SRST.

Chris

Thanks Chris !!! very much appreciate your help !!!

D.