Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SRST mode : Send calls through POTS

Recently we had our T1 go down which cares nothing but our voice traffic. We have a router/Gateway setup for SRST mode. It appears that the SRST mode failed over but it seems as though we could not make a call from our POTS line located at the office. What command tells  me that calls are geing directed out of the POTS line? I can paste the config if it is needed.  Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES

Re: SRST mode : Send calls through POTS

do you have a PRI on the remote location or do you only have POTS lines ?

if you only have pots lines

I'd say you can configure a trunk group on the fxo where you have pots lines connected to

then create a generic dial peer something like

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9T

trunkgroup FXO

if you want to be more specific to avoid interdigit time outs you can create 1 dial-peer for local, long distance and emergency services

if you have a local PRI on H.323 you shouldn't have any problems

if you have a local PRI with MGCP just make sure that you have the failover stuff configured so mgcp will release the D channel and then the local gateway will take control of it

Re: SRST mode : Send calls through POTS

Hello,

I am assuming that your dial peers are already configured properly. If so you can run a "debug voip dialpeer" and this should show you if there was an outgoing DP match as you make a call. If there is a match, make sure the phone line is connected to the proper port/trunk group then disconect your analog line (if its not PRI) and plug it into a known good analog phone just to make sure the dial tone is there and you can make a call from the line. One other command you can check is "show dialplan number xxxxxxx" where x is the number you would dial out. This will tell you if there even a DP that matches the string.

Views
Helpful
Replies