cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST No Dial Tone

ryancdavis
Level 1
Level 1

Using CUCM 7.1, when we disconnnect the call manager.  SRST doesn't work.  Ephone register with CUBE router however, no dial tone.  I attached a configuration of the CUBE router to the thread.  Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

Anthony W.
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Ryan,

Quick question, are you disconnecting the CallManager or are you unplugging the Gi0/0 interface?

Cube is connected to Call Manager over a Wan (MPLS/VPN) connection.  We kill the route back to call manager to test. g0/1 stays up.

When you say the phone registers.. but no dial tone - do you mean it goes to a stable screen, but doesn't have a line number on the display?

Or what?

Thanks

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Phones look fine, DN's are listed on phone, when we do a "sh ephone reg," they are listed.

But are you saying you can't call another IP phone either?

Try bypassing the trunkgroup by creating a specific dial-peer for a cell number and giving it one of the Voice-Ports directly.

Also, why do you have a translation to match up on the "8" when you are already passing the appropriate digits on the dial-peer?

If it is simply that you have no dial tone when you go off hook, I would be interested to know if you get secondary dial-tone when you press 8 or if you can still get out by dialing any digits even though you hear no dial-tone.

We cannot call IP Phone to IP Phone within the site.  Also, no secondary dial tone when pressing 8.  I'll need to look into the dial-peer issue you brought up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: