Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST phones firmware problem

Hello everyone who's reading this thread.

I have a remote office with 3845 as an SRST reference and about 50 IP phones there(7911). When the phone is started in the remote office for the first time(I mean all phone are new and are unpacked and started in the remote office) - the phone doesn't get a firmware and locale from TFTP(it is using built-in instead). When the phone is registered in the main office - everything is ok(the last firmware and locale I need is downloaded). So when I bring those phones to the remote office they work as I need them to work(firmware and locale downloaded in the HQ is stored in the flash).

So how can I make that phones run normally in the remote office without starting them in the central? (CCM 4.2(3))

Sorry for my strange English and thank you for the replies

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your DHCP scope at the remote office configured with option 150 to point to the CM TFTP server? Is it reachable?

What is the bandwidth at this site, if the bandwidth is low it may take some time for the phones to download the default firmware file.

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your DHCP scope at the remote office configured with option 150 to point to the CM TFTP server? Is it reachable?

What is the bandwidth at this site, if the bandwidth is low it may take some time for the phones to download the default firmware file.

Chris

yes, DHCP option 150 is configured correctly. bandwidth is 2mbit(phone are there for a week - so I don't think is caused by bandwith). When was deploying that office - 69th port was open. WireShark on the office site showed only request for the config from the phone. But will try the port again on Tuesday like the most probable version(security is configured and maintained by another department) Thank you. Will reply on Tuesday.

PS: If someone asked me for reason for this trouble - I would ask to check the port as well. In this case I needed a 3rd party opinion)) but thanks again

Thanks Chris, it was TFTP-port problem. Rating your post with pleasure)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: