cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST router interoperability with other IP telephony systems

Zhomart Asken
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody. I have a quesion. If for example our company is using other vendor ip telephony system and branch office with non-cisco phones is fully managed by HQ telephony server over a WAN link, could we use SRST function if the network link is down and the server is unavailable? Could SRTS support and manage telephony functions for these 3-rd party phones(sip)?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Disclaimer: I'm not an SRST guru.

In believe, in theory, SRST would work for third party handsets. The problems I can see are: getting the handsets to fail over to the SRST router when the main call control goes down, and that call preservation probably won't work.

You'd certainly be on your own in this setup. SRST is meant for a Cisco call control environment.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks. I did some search on this question and found this document http://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/2b5b3721-8539-4e6d-8ef9-3915e47c4821. What do you think of it?

I think it's a document by Avaya on how to use Cisco SRST with their call control platform ;-)

What do you want me to say?

I get the feeling that you're avoiding asking the question you really want to ask, and are instead asking questions that skirt the edge of what you want to do.

Why not start again and ask the question that you *really* want to ask?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Will SRST router really work with avaya system as described in this document? Maybe somebody implemented that kind of scheme. Thanks

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

no. cisco srst supports only cisco phones connected to cucm or probably 3-rd party phones(sip) connected to cucm