Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST & SIP

Francois Lieuze
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a SRST router and i want to register SIP Phones (7965) on it.The matter is my SIP phones never try to register on the router (i have used Wireshark to know it, no SIP register request from phone to SRSR router)) whereas SCCP Phones in the same device pool work well.

Here is my configuration :

voice service voip

no ip address trusted authenticate

allow-connections sip to sip

sip

registrar server

!

voice register pool  1

id network 172.20.30.0 mask 255.255.0.0

preference 2

proxy 172.20.30.254

voice-class codec 1

!

voice register pool  2

id network 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0

proxy 172.20.30.254

voice-class codec 1

call-manager-fallback

max-conferences 4 gain -6

transfer-system full-consult

ip source-address 172.20.30.254 port 2000

max-ephones 24

max-dn 24 dual-line

!

SRST router ( v15.1(3) ): 172.20.30.254

Phones : 172.20.0.0/16 and 192.168.1.0/24

What is my mistake ?

Thank you for your help !

François

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the phone's aren't trying to register to your SRST router, it sounds like you might have missed on CUCM under the SRST reference the "SIP Network/IP Address" setting.  That's how your SIP phones know to try and register to your SRST gateway if they cannot connect to call manager.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have registar server defined:

sip-ua

registrar ipv4:172.20.30.254 expires 600

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/srst_setting_up_using_sip.html

HTH,

Chris

What do these commands do ?

The first one create a SIP user-agent on the router and the second one try to register this user-agent, right ?

What should I see after that ?

Thank you for the guide, I used it to do the configuration, but I've probably missed something...

Sorry for my poor English...

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see the IP of SRST router listed on IP Phone's web page?

Is it the same as voice register global IP?

--

Udit

No, I can't find it... In which field should it appear ?

I really don't understand why the phones doesn't even try to register on the router...

If the phone's aren't trying to register to your SRST router, it sounds like you might have missed on CUCM under the SRST reference the "SIP Network/IP Address" setting.  That's how your SIP phones know to try and register to your SRST gateway if they cannot connect to call manager.

So simple... I thought SIP phones will use the same reference than SCCC Phones...

Thanks a lot ! Problem solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: