Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH into 69xx or 89xx phones

JessicaBroy82_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We used to be able to ssh into the 79xx phones by setting up a un/pw account for the phone and then using default/user to get into the phone. This seems to no longer work for 69xx or 89xx models. Anyone know if there is a new way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Jessica Eddy

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which practical functionality do you gain doing ssh to the phones? ASAIK, there is none.

We do midlet testing and to get our midlets on the phones we have to do some stuff using ssh.

Not sure what a midlet is.

I doubt whatever you have been doing has been ever officially supported by Cisco, but if you can prove it is, you should contact your cisco developer channel representative.

I was hoping someone would know here because going through Cisco directly takes forever but that may be my only option.

Hi

Most newer phones have a 'Secure Shell Information' section above the 'Product Specific' section on the device configuration page in CCMAdmin. Set a username and password there, and you should then be able to get SSH access.

I believe that the phones are locked down to support Midlets signed by Cisco only initially; with a future possibility of opening up the API. Is this not the case? I'd be interested to hear what you have to do to get your code running on them.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

brendand05
Level 1
Level 1

The SSH is disabled by default.

Enable it in CallManager

Cheers

I have a feeling that the OP is well aware of this fact and the complain is true.

Of course, she is free to clarify at any moment.

To the person that low rated a post of mine above:

Sorry but the information I have provided is 100% true and correct, even if you don't like it.

If you can disprove it, I will be happy to correct myself. Thanks, Paolo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: